Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lovely Day for a Guinness

March is here the weather is warming up and we are less than a week away from my favorite day of the year, St. Patrick's Day! I can't hold my excitement in any longer. My countdown timer is ticking and I am officially one paper and one midterm away from cranking up the Pogues/Dubliners/Dropkick/Flogging Molly play list and diving head first into a week of Guiness, Harp and Jamesons.

Not being anything even close to a full-blooded Irish kid I have absolutely no reason to appreciate St. Pat's as much as I do, but I do it regardless.



I love that it's the one day of the year that allows me to drink with the fervor of a gaggle of pirates and have it be socially acceptable. I love that it traditionally marks the start of spring break, and that I look good in green, and that I always have hope that there will be some young pretty girl unadorned in green just waiting to giggle over my innebriated self giving her a pinch. But for all intensive purposes I firmly believe that there should be a Mc in front of my last name.

So here's to Irish whiskey, women and stout.

No comments:

Post a Comment