Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gear Review #1 Evolv Bandits

Nothing makes me giddier than new gear. Although this year I have been relatively light on the stuff purchases (partly because I am broke and partly because I own at least two of most things anyone could want or need to play outside), I scored these for a song and after one size swap back to the vendor they returned to my doorstep today.


I'll keep the review short since I'm assuming at least half of the people who read this could care less about rock climbing, while the other half is wondering why I posted a picture of ballerina shoes.

In short these things are rad. I sized them more aggressively than my La Sport Mythos and compared to the rest of the Evolv and Mad Rock families they fit my heel to perfection. They aren't the best for standing around in all day but I don't think I am going to be spending hours hanging off North American in them anytime soon. The down-turned sole is pretty stiff and kept me pinned to some nubbins that were pretty squrimy on my old shoes. Overall I'm impressed with the Trax rubber and the way the shoes seem to lend themselves to the skinny footed, high arches, long second toed weirdos of the world.

Here's to hoping that first impressions are lasting impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment